[kc_row use_container=”yes” force=”no” column_align=”middle” video_mute=”no” _id=”477968″][kc_column width=”12/12″ video_mute=”no” _id=”617433″][kc_column_text]
At 234Central.com, our user’s experience is of utmost importance to us. We have put key checks in place to curb security risks for our esteemed users both sellers and buyers. Kindly find below our quick yet important guide to ensure your safety on our portal especially the marketplace.
- Once an AD meets your request, contact seller directly and ensure to meet in person or follow through to ensure you dont lose money or endanger yourself..
- Check out the item’s quality and make sure it meets your expectations as advertised before you make a payment
- com strictly prohibits prepayments for ads made by sellers on our portal. Kindly report any seller or ad requesting payment of any kind including delivery before confirmation of item.
- As a Buyer – never pay before purchase! Discussion of delivery fee is allowed but only pay after delivery including delivery fee once the item meets your requirement or expectation as advertised. Except otherwise agreed between you and the seller
- Take out time to “google” a seller or company before engaging or meeting them or making an offer
- Do not submit any upfront fees for a job application. Do not go to the remote or unfamiliar places for an interview. If necessary, share your location
- Do not disclose any personal information like bank account number or your photo copy ID.
- If anything appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices and promises of quick money, then it probably is.
- Never give out your financial information including bank account details, eBay/PayPal info and any other information that could be misused
- Services such as Western Union or MoneyGram are not meant for transactions between strangers and many scams are run through them. Avoid such requests.
- Beware of Internet payment services that you are asked to access through a link or in the body of an email. Remember that links can be masked, and logos and trademarks can be faked online. If you intend to use what you believe is a well-known Internet payment service, visit that company’s website yourself, rather than trust the information that another party is suggesting.
- Don’t be rushed. If someone really wants to do business with you, they will wait until you are ready to make a legitimate transaction. Furthermore, if an individual wishes to make changes to the terms of the transaction, such as where and how the payment is sent, do not let your eagerness to complete the transaction blind you to potential problems.
- As a Seller – Where possible, receive payments for goods by bank transfer and verify bank alerts to ensure that payment has been made before exchanging goods or services. You may also receive payment in cash where possible, but make sure this is in a safe location.